Sensors / Accessories
This article contains instructions for programming a sensor or accessory with the Vea 3G/4G GSM Security System.
NOTE: If you purchased the sensor as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a sensor separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Sensor / Accessory with the Vea 3G/4G GSM Main Panel:
- Turn off any motion detectors to prevent accidentally programming them.
- On the Main Panel, press any button to wake up the screen.
- If Keypad Lock is enabled, enter your 4-digit password.
- Press the Menu Button [three horizontal lines].
- Scroll using the Arm and Disarm buttons to the "Add Accessories" menu and press the Checkmark.
- Select either "Add Remote Control" for a Remote Key Fob or "Add Detector" for any sensors or detectors.
- Enter the desired 2-digit Zone number to add the accessory into, then press the Checkmark*.
- Trigger the accessory. The panel will read "Add successful!"
- Press the Back button to return to the main menu. If needed, navigate to Zone Settings and adjust the settings for the Zone as desired*.
- Press the Back button again to return to the main screen.
- Turn on any motion detectors that were turned off.
* For more information about Zones and Zone Settings,you can refer to the Vea User Manual.
Door / Window Contact - trigger by separating the magnet from the sensor
Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it
Pet Immune Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it - you may have to press the black Coding button
Remote Key Fob - trigger by pressing any button on the fob
Smoke Alarm - trigger by pressing the Test button
Panic Button - trigger by pressing the Panic button
Vibration Sensor - trigger by tapping on the vibration sensor
Glass Break Sensor - trigger by tapping on it