Safeguard - Adding Accessories
This article contains instructions for programming additional accessories with the Safeguard Stand-Alone Alarm.
NOTE: If you purchased the accessories as part of a kit, then they have been pre-programmed to the Safeguard already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased an accessory separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming an Accessory with the Safeguard:
- Turn off any motion detectors to prevent accidentally programming them.
- Press and hold the Arm/Disarm button for 5 seconds. The Safeguard will beep and all the lights will turn on.
- If you are adding a remote control, press any button on the remote now. Otherwise, press the Arm/Disarm button again to select one of the four available zones, then continue to the next step.
- Trigger the accessory. The Safeguard will beep again.
- Press the Arm/Disarm button again (possibly multiple times) until all the lights are off.
- Turn on any motion detectors that were turned off.
Door / Window Contact - trigger by separating the magnet from the sensor
Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it
Pet Immune Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it
Remote Key Fob - trigger by pressing any button on the fob
Smoke Alarm - trigger by pressing the Test button
Panic Button - trigger by pressing the Panic button
Vibration Sensor - trigger by tapping on the vibration sensor
Glass Break Sensor - trigger by tapping on it