Sensors / Accessories
This article contains instructions for programming a sensor or accessory with the Ani Security System.
NOTE: If you purchased the sensor as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a sensor separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Sensor / Accessory with the Ani Main Panel:
- Turn off any motion detectors to prevent accidentally programming them.
- On the Main Panel, press the button with the Gear icon. The panel will say "Add 1 remote control."
- If you are adding a remote key fob, skip step 4 and proceed to step 5.
- To add a sensor, press the Gear icon to cycle through the Zones. Once you're on the Zone that you want to add the sensor to, proceed to the next step. The panel will say "Add 1 zone" and etc.
- While the panel's light is still blue, trigger the accessory. More details are below.
- Press the Gear icon to cycle through the rest of the Zones. After Zone 8, press the Gear icon one more time, This will give 2 beeps from the main panel. Your changes are now saved.
- Turn on any motion detectors that were turned off.
You can also use the free mobile app to program accessories to the main panel. For more information about Zones and Zone Settings, and for more information about using the mobile app, you can refer to the Ani User Manual.
Door / Window Contact - trigger by separating the magnet from the sensor
Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it
Pet Immune Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it - you may have to press the black Coding button
Remote Key Fob - trigger by pressing any button on the fob
Smoke Alarm - trigger by pressing the Test button
Panic Button - trigger by pressing the Panic button
Vibration Sensor - trigger by tapping on the vibration sensor
Glass Break Sensor - trigger by tapping on it